Moderator: CaptHayfever

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Stage of the Month #88: Unova Give Me Your Money

Post by CaptHayfever » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:53 pm

UNOVA POKÉMON LEAGUE

Source: Pokémon series
Appears in: Smash 4 3DS, Ultimate
Home character: Pikachu, Jigglypuff (3DS unlock), Mewtwo, Lucario, Trainer/Charizard, Greninja, Incineroar

Availability: Starter
Type: Metamorphic
Hazards: Side ramps, Reshiram, Zekrom

Music:
"N's Castle Medley"
"Battle! (Reshiram/Zekrom)"

Trivia:
--Considered a "home stage" for Incineroar, even though it didn't exist yet in this gen.
--Whimsicott, Milotic, & Shaymin can all appear, but they have no gameplay effect.
--The stage looks significantly different between the two games it appears in; the 3DS version is much more colorful & brighter.
--Takes place at N's Castle, the HQ of Team Plasma, which becomes the sudden final dungeon of Black/White after beating the Elite Four.

Spear Pillar for people who hate caves.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

ScottyMcGee

Re: Stage of the Month #88: Unova Give Me Your Money

Post by ScottyMcGee » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:23 am

I did a tourney mode thing with my friend and CPUs. It was a while since he played Smash (like almost a year) because he was overseas in the military but now returned for good. So he had a lot of catching up to do with Ultimate.

We always liked to do tourneys with CPUs back in Melee and Brawl. So when they brought it back for Ultimate I was like "DUDE. REMEMBER THIS??" We'd always pit ourselves against CPUs with funny names like CHENEY, BUSH, PP, or BUTT, etc.

So we did that and literally the first round was me against a Level 9 CPU and it was Unova. And then I realized one of the Pokémon appeared in the background and I said, "Oh no. I forgot to turn off hazards."

"Why? What happens?"

And literally at that second, the stage tipped over and threw off me and the CPU and it was just perfect timing when I cried, "THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS."

Return to “Super Smash Bros.: Final Destination”