Tetris Effect

The place where you can discuss everything from the world of PlayStation

Moderator: I am nobody

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Tetris Effect

Post by Calamity Panfan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:52 pm

Anyone else have this gorgeous, fantastic game? I just got it this week and I am absolutely in love with it.

In case anyone doesn't know, Tetris Effect is Tetris as seen through the eyes of Tetsuya Mizuguchi (Rez, Lumines), and the result is just as you'd expect from that game. The core game features the player going through various stages featuring different themes, and the music and visuals react to your moves. It also adds a "zone" mode feature where players can place a bunch of blocks at once, thus clearing up to 20 lines at a time.

The game does a great job of sucking you in and getting you to a place where all you can think of is clearing lines. It's very freeing. I've had a stressful f***ing week and finally had the weekend off, so I was excited to finally play it. And damn this was a GREAT stress reliever.

I've heard great things about the VR mode. but I don't have PS VR. Still, if you have a PS4 it's more than worth the $40. Best 2018 game I played.

Marilink
Supermod

Re: Tetris Effect

Post by Marilink » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:58 pm

despite not owning a PS4, I think I’m going to buy this to play on my friend’s. Gotta do that soon before I’m done being around a dorm regularly. I’m so stoked to play it.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:44 pm

I don't like Tetris (or the genre as a whole, mostly), but Lumines was fun so maybe I'll take a look at this.

RinkuTheFirst

Post by RinkuTheFirst » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:59 pm

I really like it, but I haven't played it in VR or finished it. One of my friends saw the game and said, "The visuals are too distracting from the Tetris." : /

S1x

Post by S1x » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:12 am

Here's a line I don't usually say:

I want to feel this game

I don't have a PS4, so this is a bit difficult, but I'll find a way

steeze

Post by steeze » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:56 pm

I can't justify spending more than 3 dollars to play Tetris on PS4.

They've remade this game exactly 57 times. I'd say that 30 plus dollars is a tad bit overpriced. I guess it's just because it's VR.

They had one chance to partner with Heinz and they completely blew it.

VR isn't VR-y enough for me. When my brain enters a game and leaves my body in a trancelike state while I virtually command blocks to twist and fall in a straight horizontal line, then we'll talk 30 bucks for Tetris.

Shane
Administrator

Post by Shane » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:56 pm

I thought this was a topic about a scientific effect based on Tetris. I only ever really played the GameBoy game, though apparently I do have a version on Wii.
Competition is a good thing. It's a chance to crush people.

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:44 pm

steeze wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:56 pm
I can't justify spending more than 3 dollars to play Tetris on PS4.

They've remade this game exactly 57 times. I'd say that 30 plus dollars is a tad bit overpriced. I guess it's just because it's VR.

They had one chance to partner with Heinz and they completely blew it.

VR isn't VR-y enough for me. When my brain enters a game and leaves my body in a trancelike state while I virtually command blocks to twist and fall in a straight horizontal line, then we'll talk 30 bucks for Tetris.
this game is a lot more than just Tetris. Trust me, I've played tons of those remakes you're talking about. None of them, including games like Tetris DS that I've put literal hundreds of hours into, have made me feel the things this game made me feel. Few games period have elicited some of the emotional reactions I've had playing this game.

I mean maybe $40 is too much if you're not that into Tetris and espeically if you don't have VR. I don't have even VR and it's worth every penny to me.

Return to “Sony Playstation: This is Living!”